Delicious sea and mountain recipe that shows us that contrasts can also lead us to balance. Ideal to harmonize with a Reserva de la Familia (55% xarel lo, 35% macabeo and 10% parellada). Its average aging of 36 months on its lees gives it a fresh and seductive character, with a pleasant texture.
- 200 g carnaroli rice
- 20 g Iberian bacon
- 250 g sepia with the spleen
- 150g squid
- Sauteed: Garlic, parsley, red and green pepper, fried onion, tomato and Palamós prawn (two tablespoons) and sweet paprika.
- White wine
- Salt and pepper
- Personalized fumet with shrimp heads, brandy and a touch of fennel (3 parts for every 1 of rice)
- We fry the carabineros with a bit of oil, round and round, and reserve them.
- We save the coral from the heads and make the fumet in a pot.
- We make the sofrito, mixing all its elements and adding a splash of white wine, the cuttlefish (and its spleen) and the squid and part of the coral from the carabineros’ heads.
- Let the alcohol evaporate and pour the rice.
- We integrate it and pearl it for a couple of minutes and cover with the fumet
- Add salt and pepper.
- 5 minutes of cooking over high heat and 12 at a gentle rate. Two minutes before the end of cooking, place the shrimp tails on top and cover them with Iberian bacon (cut very thin, which almost melts).
- Add the rest of the emulsified coral and sprinkle with chives.
Reserva de la Familia I CAVA GRAN RESERVA BRUT NATURE
The best-selling Cava Gran Reserva Brut Nature in the world is very fresh, vibrant and with a long and explosive finish; perfect to share with the ones you love the most.