A magnificent, majestic, exuberant, age worthy wine.
Homage to the winery founder: Joan Juvé.
Limited production only in exceptional vinatges.
Blend of merlot and cabernet sauvignon, grown in the highest lands of our Mediona estate (700 m asl).
- Grape variety Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage 2013
- Origin Penedès
- Tasting note The intense red colour is indicative of long maceration, as are the deep fruit notes (blackcurrant, plum, blackberry, cherry) that define its aromatic profile, joined by oak-imparted nuances (cinnamon, clove, vanilla). As it opens up in the glass, it also offers echoes of candied fruit, fig cake, and toasted aromas. The full, vigorous palate has velvety tannins and exuberant ripe fruit sensations that resurface on the impressive finish. A wonderful ageworthy red that promises to mature beautifully for at least a decade. Aged in first and second-use barrels of very fine-grained French oak, it then matures in foudres, followed by an average of 2 years bottle ageing prior to its release. Made from Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, it is a red with great colour intensity and a beautiful, deep, dark ruby hue. A masterful balance of volume and elegance. Despite its concentration, it unfolds seamlessly and with great length. This harmonious yet opulent red stands out for its elegant ageing in the finest French oak, which is very well integrated. However, the fruit impression (small black fruit) is what really makes it shine. Endowed with round, sweet tannins, it displays spicy notes (clove) and good acidity. A majestic and exuberant ageworthy red.
- Gastronomy Iohannes is perfect for matching savoury dishes, such as cured meat, hard cheese, stews, red meat and game dishes.
- Alcohol percentage 14,5%
- Appellation of origin D.O. Penedès
- Aging 12 months in barrels French oak extra fine grain and an average of 2 years in bottle.
- Contains sulfites Yes
These cookies are not optional. They are needed for the website to function.
In order for us to improve the website's functionality and structure, based on how the website is used.
In order for our website to perform as well as possible during your visit. If you refuse these cookies, some functionality will disappear from the website.
By sharing your interests and behavior as you visit our site, you increase the chance of seeing personalized content and offers.